Sunday, June 16, 2019

Summer 2019 Osaka/Tokyo Family Trip: Day 3- Nara

Are you still with us?  Sorry, I know I'm slackalacking on my blog posts, but I was not feeling well while we were in Osaka. I guess Osaka doesn't like me too much cause I seem to get sick there often.  :(

So we decided to take it "easy" the next day since everyone was hurting from our first full day in Kyoto.  So we opted to go to Nara instead of doing the Monkey Park in Arashiyama, since that's another painful hike.  I've never been to Nara before, so I was pretty excited to go and see my friends the deer.



They are so friendly!  I love deer!






They are sweet, until they figure out you have food...







Here's where I started to get a little scared...  But once they figure out you don't have anymore food, they quickly leave and go find someone else to beg from.




After the attack of the deer, we checked out the Yoshiki-en flower garden.  It was beautiful. I'm sure it would be even prettier in the fall.





Group selfie time!



 And found the buddhist temple called Todaiji temple.  It used to be the world biggest wooden structure and the home to the largest buddha statue. Gotta pay homeage to the motherland.


By then I started to overheat and we hadn't eaten yet.  Needed to sit and cool off and have some food.  We found a restaurant near the station and had an unagi don.  It was super ono!


My niece had this cold udon dish with beef and egg.  It looked really good too!


I think we missed the mochi guys by just a few minutes.  In case you are looking for them, they are located at the end of the shopping arcade that is right next to the station.

Finally, headed back to Osaka. 


 After we rested a bit, we headed to Abeno-Q mall which was nearby.  I like this mall cause it has alot of character shops, a food mall, and ABC crafts!  By the time we got there it was a little late, so we didn't have much time to shop or eat.  We hit ABC crafts and had dinner.  By the time we finished, the mall was closing.

By then, we were exhausted.  I was still hanging in there even though I was sick.  I wasn't getting enough sleep since our airb&b was super bright in the morning.  And I'm not sure how this is possible, but I think the sun rises and sets in our room.  And did I mention that it rises at 4:00am?  Still hanging in there.... until tomorrows post.  Ja Mata!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Jenny! Hope u feel better soon! Those fricken deer man! Crazy!

    ReplyDelete