Thursday, June 20, 2019

Summer 2019 Osaka/Tokyo Family Trip: Day 5- Travel to Tokyo!

I'm still on the shinkansen back to Osaka, so I finally have time to catch up on more posts.  This post may be somewhat boring, but contains good information for reference in trip planning.

Day 5 started out by cleaning up and checking out of the airb&b.  A few days before, we happened on a luggage storage service near the station we frequent and asked if they would be able to hold our luggage for the week while we visit Tokyo.  This proved to be a good idea as our original plan was to take our luggage to the Shin Osaka station and leave them there.  After you see our bags, you'll understand why its a good idea.

So Paul and I scouted it out when going out for breakfast.  This bunny head was hanging from this shop and peaked my interest.  Its kinda creepy, but Paul wanted to take a picture with it anyway.



We found the luggage storage place and luckily the guy spoke English.  He said they can even have our bags delivered to the airport later if we choose.  SOLD!  So we headed back to the room to get our bags.

Stopped for a photo on our way back.  They always change out the flowers with the seasons. 



So if you ever choose to stay at Tom's House, just know that the stairs are crazy steep!  And there are 3 floors of stairs... I had to go down sideways so as not to fall.  Akemi is demonstrating how I felt while walking down the stairs.  When walking up, I had to hold onto the wall, so I felt like Spiderman.  You could hear me singing everytime I walked up...


Akemi made friends with the neighbor's cat.  It looks grumpy, but it was friendly.  And yes, its on a leash.


Looks like we are ready to go!  Yikes!


Bringing up the rear on this luggage train.




Can you imagine if we went on the subway with all these bags?  This isn't even our carry ons!


Phew!  What a relief to drop off our bags!  Then we headed back to our room to pick up our carryons and headed to Shin Osaka station to drop them off in some coin lockers...

Then we were free!  Headed to Osaka Station to go to Hankyu.  I love their food selection as much as I love Seibu!  Got me some fruit mochi!


Mikan is still my favorite, but we also tried the blueberry and honeydew!  The honeydew was bomb.


Lookie what I found!!!  Whaaaaaaattttt? It was about $17 but some of the other ekibens were $15, so it seemed worth it.



Then we split up and took those that wanted to go to the Pokemon Center there, while the others stayed in Hankyu.  By the time we finished, I was starvin marvin, so I got me some Horai 551 (go go ichi) for lunch/snack). Yummy!!


And Paul got me a Manniken!  Yay!


 Then we headed for the Shinkansen to wait for our train. I think Akemi was tired...


Finally on the train!!


I think we were both tired.


See!


Photobombing...


Practicing our cuteness!


More photobombing!


Zzzzzz.....


We made it to Tokyo!  From Tokyo Station, we headed to Ikebukuro to our next airb&b.  Let's just say that I think Ikebukuro is a good area to home base in!  There's tons to do even without leaving the area.  Perfect for a big group!

Next up is our Tokyo posts!

1 comment:

  1. Dang girl! That's alot of luggage! What's the thing in the middle of the 2 mochi?

    ReplyDelete