Sunday, November 4, 2018

Osaka Tokyo Adventure: Day 7- Osaka Shopping Day

Boy am I on a roll cranking out my posts!!  Yay!  At this rate, I'll be caught up by the time we leave for home.  That also makes me sad since I know that day is tomorrow for me.

Sigh... well at least I'll be able to read my blog and remember all the good food we ate!  Speaking of food...  I was not satisfied yet with the whole souffle pancakes and needed more!  So we looked up pancakes in Osaka and found this one nearby...  Its called Micasadeco & Cafe.  After I looked it up, I saw they also have a shop in Tokyo.  We opted for this one since it didn't say you needed to come back at a certain time.  We skipped breakfast and got there about 10:00am.  I was getting hungry but saw this line...


We are finally at the front of the line!


Now, not all of their pancakes are the fluffy type.  I got the ricotta pancakes...


It was good but too rich for me. I think I prefer it plain.


Paul got the special- Chestnut pancakes.  He really enjoyed it. 


Look how cute my coffee is!


After breakfast we headed to the department store at the Hankyu Department Store.  Needed to finish up my omiyage buying and remembered they had a good selection at that store.  We decided to go back before heading home since we had more shopping to do.

I wanted to go to the Pokemon Center, so we headed there next.  I totally led us in the wrong direction, but luckily Paul navigated us back.  It was right across of where we were!  DOH!

We tried to get my nephew's order, but were unsuccessful. I guess its always sold out.  Sorry Z!  I got some goodies for me though, so it wasn't a wasted trip.  The Loft was also there, so we checked it out too.

By then we were ready for a snack, so Paul finally got his Horai 551 (go go ichi) nikoman (aka manapua).  I gotta say, it was pretty good.  You can't just get one.  The minimum order was 2, so I got to have one too.  It tastes like they put a pork hash inside the breading.  It had really good flavor. 




Lots of meat!!!

After our snack, we headed back to Hankyu and picked up my Sugar Butter Tree and more mochi. I wanted to try the Grand Calibee but Paul said next time. Bummer. I'm pretty sure it would've been good.  I'm gonna get more there next time!!

One last shopping stop was to Shimojima.  I've been waiting the WHOLE trip to go here. Yay!!!  I had a lot of fun and got my double sided tape!!!  I wanted to get 100 roles but was responsible and only got 50.  So happy!

By then we needed to go home since we had a lot of stuff to carry.  On our way back to the hotel, Paul wanted a snack and picked up a takoyaki for the room.  He must've been hungry cause I only got 2 bites and he inhaled the rest!!  Couldn't even get a picture of it!


After our snack, Paul took a nap and I worked on my blog.  That took awhile, so we didn't leave for dinner till around 7:00pm.  We were going to go back to Dotonbori, but I think we were both tired, so we ended up just finding a place near our hotel.  The area we are in is behind a very big Don K. and has a lot of little restaurants.  The majority of them serve kushikatsu.  The rest are Izakaiyas, so they serve all kinds of stuff.  I think we ended up at an Izakaiya but ended up eating kushikatsu anyway.

Kanpai!!


This was our first round order... but we also ordered the quail eggs, more beef (kushikatsu), cheese, and asparagus.  This place was good cause I could also order a side of rice.  The last time we ate kushikatsu, the didn't have rice and gave me stink eye when I asked about it.


Oh.. and no double dipping!!!


After dinner I was pretty toasted!  So we just went back to the room and fell asleep-  Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment