Friday, November 2, 2018

Osaka Tokyo Adventure- Day 3 Part 2: Team Lab and Shin-Koiwa

Ohayogozaimasu!  Behind again on posting, but there's just too many photos to upload and so little time!  Anyway, trying to keep up and finish off Tokyo posts, but as you can tell- I had to split up Day 3 into two parts since there was just too much photos to share.  Team Lab has been on my list of things to do once I heard they had a permanent home in Tokyo.  We reserved tickets online before we went to Japan.  Paul took us here...  I was so excited!!


And then we found out it was the wrong location....



Team Lab has been doing pop up exhibits all over Japan, so Team Lab Planets was one of them.  They directed us to the Team Lab Borderless in Odaiba- which is where our tickets were for.  Just making sure we are at the right place this time....


So before you book your tickets online, you should be warned that this is a projection art display, where things move around a lot.  Not that its dangerous or anything, but if you get motion sickness, you may want to pass- at least on certain exhibits.



They don't give you any map when you get there, its meant for you to explore each room and interact.  It is a bit of a maze and you can get really lost, but just embrace it!



Paul said the website says to plan for a couple of hours to explore. I think you need to plan at least a half day to get the full experience.  We stayed a couple of hours, but didn't feel like it was enough,  Had we known, we probably would've gone there earlier.


There was the "net" room, which I don't have photos of... you need to stand in a long line to get in, but its pretty cool.  I don't recommend that for anyone who is motion sickness. I am not, but I can see how someone who is would get sick.  Also, it is basically a huge net (trampoline type?) that you need to climb on to get the full experience. I suppose you could lie down in the middle of the net, but most people sat around the perimeter.  Getting up and off the net was a challenge for me. LOL!


The next area we explored was a cool looking waterfall area.



After taking this picture, Paul accidently slid down the hill and then got scolded,  LOL!




This next room was one of my favorites.  It was all crystal/lights and was interactive!  Before going there you can download the Team Lab app.   Inside, you can control what elements show up, such as lightening, rainbow, fire, etc..  Super cool!!


Photos do not do this place justice...  Oh, and you might not want to wear a skirt in this area.  Some girls who were wearing skirts had to wear an apron over it so that it was not flare-y...



A brief explanation of this next photo... LOL... makes me laugh everytime I see it.  Inside the exhibits, we kept seeing all the Japanese girls posing against the wall with the projections on them.  Paul thought it was funny and decided to mock them.  If you look closely, you can see part of a girl posting like Paul behind him.


These mushroom like things made me feel like playing Mario Kart.



There was another exhibit we wanted to go to- but the staff was telling everyone that it was a 40 min wait in a long line to see the lantern exhibit.  That will have to wait till next time.

We then ventured upstairs to see if we missed anything.  So glad we did!  After about 3 flights of stairs, we found a lot more exhibits!  Including this cool tea room.  I highly recommend taking a break and having some tea.  After they serve you, your tea will start blooming!  Paul drank his tea very slowly to savor the experience.



The rest of the upstairs area looked like a kids area.  There was a trampoline, and these large lantern like balloons.  Here's Paul Vogue-ing again.



Then we stumbled on the funnest exhibit ever!!  You can color an image and then they digitize it and it swims across the wall!!!


Here's Paul's.  I think he's missing Akemi and Kiko.


Here's mine.  Cute yah?

Here they are digitized!!!!  The turtle swims fast!  And he flips, so most of the time the words were backwards.



We found another one that was similar to the ocean themed one but more regular animals.  I colored up a butterfly, while Paul chose a gecko.  We didn't get good pictures of those though.  The best part was that the girl was showing us where our images would appear and I totally ate it!  I think its cause there's a lot of slopes and its dark and meant to be a children's play area.  So shame!

Then we had to say goodbye to Team Lab.  Totally worth the cost of admission!  Going to bring the girls here on our next trip!

And all that fun took its toll on me....


I seriously considered not going to our next meet up with Randy.  I was really tired but we needed to drop off his costume!  So I sucked it up and went on like a trooper.

We headed towards Shin-Koiwa station, which is near where he lives.  He took us to his favorite Izakaiya... they all know him there.  Kinda like Cheers!  Look at those monster oysters!


He said all of his friends needs to eat this when they come to visit him.  Its called Shirako... Any guesses?  It looked like intestines or brains to me. I actually tried it. It had good flavor with a custard like texture.  Eating with Randy always scares me....  The explanation we got was "fish sperm"!  Eeeewwwww...


Randy asked us to bring him a Venom Halloween costume.  Its so yucky with the tongue sticking out but he was happy.  I was scared of it.  I hear his English School kids loved it!


Ok group selfie time... Paul Style! (That means open mouth)


We got carried away talking and the bar owners told us that we had to go catch the last train!!!  They basically pushed us out the door and told us to hurry.  Had a great time! Glad I didn't skip it!


We made it to the station in time!  Yay!  Here's a tip.. if you miss your train and no more trains running,  Ai-chan told us that we can go to a karaoke room to sleep or hang out until the trains start running again.


Now I'm really beat.  Oyasuminasai!




No comments:

Post a Comment